We assist borrowers with a myriad of financial services, including all aspects of real estate-based lending (acquisition, construction, tax credit lending), equipment financing, venture capital financing, asset and cash-flow-based lending, Export-Import Bank transactions, loan participations, intercreditor agreements, letters of credit, interest rate swap agreements and credit enhancement facilities for taxable and tax-exempt bond financing. We also assist borrowers with restructuring loans and work out agreements with lenders.
We represent lenders in structuring complicated loan transactions and in restructuring problem loans, including foreclosing and repossessing assets on behalf of the lender.
Real Estate Lending
We represent borrowers, commercial lending institutions, and private financiers in the financing (and refinancing) of existing buildings and new construction. Our projects have included hospitality and lodging facilities, retail properties, multi-family housing, nursing home and other healthcare-based facilities, office buildings, and industrial and manufacturing facilities.
We assist clients in numerous industries with almost all types of commercial lending, including those in manufacturing, service industries, hospitality, low-income housing, health care and real estate development. We have experience with loans secured by machinery, equipment, accounts receivable, inventory, securities, real estate and aircraft. We represent both lenders and borrowers in regard to asset-based loans, interest rate swaps, tax-exempt revenue bond financing, mezzanine and subordinated loans, highly leveraged loans, (including buy-out type financing), letters of credit, commercial mortgage based financing and Export-Import Bank loans.
- Routinely manage the acquisition, sale, financing (both debt and private equity) and franchising of portfolios of hotels
- Drafted, coordinated and closed the loan for a lender in a multi-state hydro-electric facilities loan, including the review of permitting issues
- Represented the lender in Export-Import Bank loan enabling a New Hampshire-based borrower to expand its operations outside of the U.S.
- Represented non-profit borrowers in the issuance of bonds by a state-sponsored agency
- Represented an affordable housing developer with numerous tax-credit financings
- Represented the lender in a complicated workout situation involving bankruptcy and alleged fraud
- Represented a New Hampshire-based company in a leveraged buyout situation, and in a construction loan for its expansion
- Represented the lender in a multi-company, multi-state loan secured by real estate and accounts receivable
- Assisted living and nursing homes
- Automobile and motorcycle dealerships
- Banks and financial institutions
- Charities and Non-Profits
- Child advocacy and child care/development
- Health Care
- Manufacturing, heavy and light
- Real estate development
- Religious organizations
- Renewable energy – wind, hydro-electric, wood
- Residential care facilities
- Shopping centers
Kelly L. Ovitt Puc
Abigail C. Wade
Constance A. Coppinger
Erin M. Vanden Borre
Bradford W. Melson
Peter F. Burger
Heidi S. Cole
James E. Morris
Julie R. Morse
Nicole M. T. Paul
Steven L. Winer
John M. Zaremba