Nicole M. T. Paul
Nicole helps individuals, couples and families develop and implement estate plans that address such issues as business succession, blended and nontraditional families, and transfer of assets to the next generation. Her real estate expertise is advising commercial and institutional clients in all areas of acquisition, development, financing, sales and leasing of real estate. She represents landlords and tenants in all types of leasing transactions, including office, commercial, retail and industrial.
- Leasing – Nicole handled all legal aspects for a portfolio of office buildings, negotiated leases in the areas of retail, “big box”, garage space, shopping centers, industrial centers, warehouse and apartments. She drafted and negotiated leases and subleases from both the landlord and tenant perspectives.
- Purchase and Sales – Nicole drafted and negotiated purchase and sales agreements and all conveyance documentation for mixed use commercial property, a collective sale of 29 shopping centers, apartment buildings, gas stations, waste transfer sites, warehouses, office buildings, manufacturing plants and high-end residential and multi-family buildings.
- Financing – Nicole handled loan transactions from the loan commitment to the closing, including drafting and negotiating loan and security agreements, notes, mortgages and all documents related to real property conveyances on behalf of purchasers, sellers and lenders involving hotels, shopping center, office building, and multi-family buildings many of which were multi-state deals.
- Negotiated leases for more than 100K square feet In New York City
- Handled the sale of 29 shopping centers
- Arranged the purchase of over 20 waste transfer sites
- Negotiated sublease for over 300,000 square feet of office space
- Closed the purchase of a portfolio of 8 office buildings
- Closed the finance of 27 hotels
- Negotiated leases for large anchor tenants in shopping malls.
Nicole likes to ski and travel.
“Having been a business owner and a real estate investor myself, I can offer practical business solutions.”
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member of the Finance Committee, New Hampshire Bar Association
- Member of Elder Law, Estate Planning and Probate Law Section, New Hampshire Bar Association
- Member of Real Property Law Section, New Hampshire Bar Association
- Member of the Real Property and Probate Section, American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Board Member since 2012 and former Secretary of the Board, Charles Doe Inns of Court
- New Hampshire Real Estate Investors Association
- Member of Committee drafting the Uniform Power of Attorney Act, AARP
- Member of the Board of Directors since 2010, Southeast New Hampshire Habitat for Humanity
- Member of the Advisory Board 2012-2014, Seacoast Mavericks
Honors & Distinctions
- CALI Award for excellent achievement in Real Estate Finance and Development
- Best Paper regarding Land Use and Zoning, First American Title