Peter F. Burger
Peter’s areas of focus are hospitality, mergers and acquisitions, business counseling and succession planning. He assists domestic and international clients with buying and selling businesses, and offers his business clients well planned solutions that create value and afford certainty. As lead counsel, Peter has managed the acquisition, sale, financing (both debt and private equity), and franchising of multiple portfolios of hotels; the acquisition of a significant plumbing and heating supply business; the sale of a fire arms company; management buyouts of existing companies and countless other transactions. He has helped implement sophisticated business succession plans in the hospitality, automotive, and consumer product sectors.
Served as lead counsel:
- The sale, purchase and finance of over One Billion Dollars in hotel transactions in the past ten years.
- $50+ Million beverage wholesale distribution acquisition
- Sale of artisanal chocolate company to Korean buyer
- Sale of national meat processing company to Canadian buyer
In his free time, Peter swings a golf club like most amateurs and loves to ski with his two sons, wife and most anyone else who says yes to his invitation. He speaks German fluently.
Chambers USA, the leading global attorney ranking service, places Peter in its top tier and describes him as “a terrific transactional lawyer” with a concentration on major regional transactions representing both buyers and sellers.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Board of Directors and Chair, New Hampshire Public Radio
- Commissioner and Vice Chair, Concord Housing and Redevelopment Authority
- Past Board Chair, Greater Concord Chamber of Commerce and Boys and Girls Club
- Board of Directors, Education For All Children
- Board of Directors, New Hampshire Higher Education Loan Corporation
Honors & Distinctions
- Cited in The Best Lawyers in America for Commercial Finance Law, Corporate Law, and Real Estate, since 2006
- Recognized as a New England Super Lawyer, Corporate Law, since 2008
- Recognized in Chambers USA, America’s Leading Business Lawyers for corporate/mergers and acquisitions, since 2005
- Member and State Chair of The American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- Recipient of the SBA Special Advocate of the Year