Kelly L. Ovitt Puc
With more than 15 years of experience, Kelly concentrates her practice on real estate transactions, commercial financing, hospitality transactions, general business representation, and creditor/debtor relations. She assists both business and individual clients on real estate transactions of all types, ranging from large commercial purchase and sale transactions to obtaining land use approvals to individual property line disputes. She frequently serves as local New Hampshire counsel for secured financings by utility and energy companies and real estate developers. Kelly is on the Title Standards Committee of the NH Bar’s Real Property Section, and some of her favorite work is untangling thorny title issues.
In addition, Kelly regularly advises businesses on contract review and negotiations, governance, regulatory compliance, land use, and real estate matters. Her own experience running a small business gives her insight into the day-to-day challenges that small business owners face. Kelly’s clients are diverse and include individuals starting up businesses for the first time, small to mid-size family businesses that span multiple generations, non-profit entities, and publicly-traded companies. The industries her clients represent are equally diverse, ranging from real estate developers to retail sales to hospitality/resorts to heavy equipment.
- In collaboration with a litigation partner, represented a family in defending their lakefront property rights from abutting neighbors’ claims, which involved interpretation of more than 150 years of deeds in a seven-day trial, and resulted in a favorable decision from the New Hampshire Supreme Court.
- Represented an international recreation company in connection with the acquisition of four multi-million dollar resort hospitality properties in New Hampshire.
- Represented a family-owned dealership in expanding its operations and geographical footprint across New England, which included the acquisition of several existing companies and the acquisition and development of numerous commercial sites.
- Represented a regional grower of greenhouse produce expansion into New Hampshire through the acquisition of an operating business and real estate assets.
- Represented a landowner in the sale of over 1,000 acres of undeveloped land to a national conservation organization for future preservation.
- In collaboration with a litigation partner, prevailed at trial in Superior Court in a contentious property line dispute on behalf of a timberland and forestry management company client.
When she’s not working, Kelly is often running, biking or kayaking in the Concord area or hiking in the White Mountains.
Professional & Community Involvement
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, Title Standards Committee of the New Hampshire Bar Association’s Real Property Law Section
- Former Vice Chair, New Hampshire Bar Association’s Real Property Law Section
- Former Chair, Friends of the Merrimack River Greenway Trail
- Thomson Reuters Practical Law State Q &A – Real Estate Brokerage Law and Customs: New Hampshire, 2021, 2022 (Contributing Editor)
- Thomson Reuters Practical Law State Q &A – Managing Commercial Real Estate Leases: New Hampshire, 2021, 2022 (Contributing Editor)
- Debts, Divorce, and Bankruptcy: Representing Family Law Clients in a Down Economy, NH Bar Journal, Fall 2009 (Author)
- NBI Boundary Issues and Easement Law, 2020 (Faculty)
- NBI Real Estate Boot Camp, 2017, 2019 (Faculty)
- Business 101 for Multidisciplinary Practitioners, 2013 (Faculty)