Julie R. Morse
Julie is a business attorney who assists clients with mergers and acquisitions, securities regulation, entity restructurings, corporate governance, and immigration law. Julie also represents clients in a broad range of securities law matters, including private securities offerings, federal and state regulation, and matters before the New Hampshire Bureau of Securities Regulation.
Julie represents multinational corporations managing large portfolios of foreign employees assigned to work in the United States including H-1B specialty occupation, L-1 intracompany transferee, E-1 and E-2 Treaty Trader and Investor, and TN visas. She has successfully obtained permanent resident status for clients in all categories including the EB-1 extraordinary ability and EB-5 investor categories. Julie represents companies in I-9 matters including audits, training, and representation in ICE inspections and enforcement actions.
She represents clients with a focus on search fund acquisitions and sale transactions ranging from $1 million to over $50 million.
- Represented a closely held company in the sale of 100% of the equity interest for over $20 million to a global Fortune 500 company
- Represented a publicly traded company in the purchase of 100% of the equity interest in a closely held company for $36 million
- Represented a closely held company in an asset sale to a strategic buyer for $45 million.
- Represented a technology company in the restructuring of approximately $20 million of debt to equity, a statutory conversion, and follow-on private equity offering
- Represented a green technology startup company in connection with a $7 million private equity offering
Julie is a licensed private pilot, accomplished skier and avid golfer.
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- New Hampshire Women’s Bar Association
- Leadership Greater Manchester, Class of 2013
- New Hampshire Society of CPAs Young Professionals Leadership Program, Class of 2012
Honors & Distinctions
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Securities & Corporate Finance (2014 to present)
- Identifying Fraudulent Investments – Union Leader, May 2016
- Reg A+ Makes Raising Capital Easier, But It’s Not for Everyone – Union Leader, June 2015
- Issuing a Private Placement – Raising Capital and the impact of Securities Laws – New Hampshire Business Review, July 2015
- Duties of Corporate Directors – Union Leader, March 2012