Julie R. Morse
Julie is a business attorney who assists clients with mergers and acquisitions, securities regulation, entity restructurings, corporate governance, and immigration law. Julie also represents clients in a broad range of securities law matters, including private securities offerings, federal and state regulation, and matters before the New Hampshire Bureau of Securities Regulation.
Julie represents clients with a focus on search fund acquisitions and sale transactions ranging from $1 million to over $50 million.
Julie represents multinational corporations managing large portfolios of foreign employees assigned to work in the United States including H-1B specialty occupation, L-1 intracompany transferee, E-1 and E-2 Treaty Trader and Investor, and TN visas. She has successfully obtained permanent resident status for clients in all categories including the EB-1 extraordinary ability and EB-5 investor categories. Julie represents companies in I-9 matters including audits, training, and representation in ICE inspections and enforcement actions.
- Represented a closely held company in the sale of 100% of the equity interest for over $20 million to a global Fortune 500 company
- Represented a publicly-traded company in the purchase of 100% of the equity interest in a closely held company for $36 million
- Represented a closely held company in an asset sale to a strategic buyer for $45 million.
- Represented a technology company in the restructuring of approximately $20 million of debt to equity, a statutory conversion, and follow-on private equity offering
- Represented a green technology startup company in connection with a $7 million private equity offering
Julie is a licensed private pilot, accomplished skier, and avid golfer.
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- New Hampshire Women’s Bar Association
- Leadership Greater Manchester, Class of 2013
- New Hampshire Society of CPAs Young Professionals Leadership Program, Class of 2012
Honors & Distinctions
- Cited in The Best Lawyers in America for Business Organizations (including LLC’s and Partnerships), 2022
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Securities & Corporate Finance (2014 to present)
- Selected for the New Hampshire Union Leader ’40 Under 40‘, Class of 2021
- Identifying Fraudulent Investments – Union Leader, May 2016
- Reg A+ Makes Raising Capital Easier, But It’s Not for Everyone – Union Leader, June 2015
- Issuing a Private Placement – Raising Capital and the impact of Securities Laws – New Hampshire Business Review, July 2015
- Duties of Corporate Directors – Union Leader, March 2012