Connie Boyles Lane
Connie regularly handles complex loan transactions, acquisitions, mergers (both for-profit and non-profit), real estate development projects and financing, condominium formation and compliance, commercial leases, as well as land use and title issues. She also assists with commercial loan structures, workouts and liquidations. She works with the firm’s Energy Group on wind projects, hydroelectric facilities and other renewable energy projects. Connie completed surveys of New Hampshire business law for the American Bar Association and national lender clients.
Connie brings over 30 years of diversified legal experience to the firm’s business and real estate practice. As the former executive director of two non-profits, she brings a practical perspective to management, employment, governance and development – the major issues confronting most non-profits.
- Led team in the sale of ten hydroelectric facilities located in three states.
- Facilitated an Export-Import Bank loan of $8MM which also included a 1031 Exchange sale.
- Provided real estate, leasing and title support in the development of three wind projects in New Hampshire.
Connie is a cinephile who also likes to garden and read in her free time.
Connie is adept at analyzing complex transactions and explaining them in non-legal terms. She prides herself in being able to help people reach consensus in order to close a transaction.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Former Chair, Real Estate Section, New Hampshire Bar Association
- Adjunct Professor at UNH Law School – Non-profit Organizations and Management
- Former Member, Title Standards Committee of the New Hampshire Bar Association
- Presenter at numerous CLEs on real estate-related topics, including wind farm site selection, workouts, closings and title insurance
- Member, Ad Hoc Committee of New Hampshire attorneys working to resolve issues presented to consumers and the legal profession by RSA 397-A and the Safe Act
- Lead trainer, Form 990 and Non-profit Governance for NH Center for Non-Profits
- Chair of Board of Directors, Red River Theatre, Concord, New Hampshire
- Board of Trustees, NH Housing Finance Authority, Bedford, New Hampshire
- Former Secretary of Board of Directors, Concord Trust for the Enhancement of Public Schools
- NH State Law of Guaranties published by the Commercial Finance Committee of the American Bar Association, 2016
- HUD Issues Final Safe Act Rule – Now What Do We Do? New Hampshire Bar News, September, 2011
- Safe Act – How Should It Apply to Attorneys? New Hampshire Bar News, March, 2011