Jonathan M. Eck
Jonathan is a director and shareholder in the litigation department. He maintains a broad and varied practice that includes business litigation, disputes over inheritance and concerning fiduciary duties, commercial and residential leasing disputes, and high-exposure tort claims. He handles a wide range of general commercial litigation matters for both businesses and individuals. Jonathan’s goal is to help his clients find the most cost-effective solution to their legal matters, but he is prepared to help his clients fully litigate when necessary or prudent to do so. He prides himself on his diligent, conscientious, and determined representation of his clients.
Prior to joining Orr & Reno, Jonathan was a shareholder with another full-service New Hampshire law firm, based out of its Manchester office.
- Representing family members or other beneficiaries on numerous occasions in challenges to wills/trusts on grounds of lack of mental capacity and/or undue influence
- Representing trustees in disputes over the handling of trust assets
- Representing businesses and business owners in a broad and diverse range of matters, including but not limited to numerous breach of contract and breach of duty claims
- Representing landlords or tenants in numerous commercial and residential leasing matters involving a wide range of issues
- Representing ski resorts in defense against personal injury claims
When he is not practicing law, Jonathan enjoys training for and competing in triathlons, hiking, skiing, and spending time with his family. In addition to the various boards that he serves on, he and his wife are active with their local youth sports programs.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Board of Governors, New Hampshire Bar Association
- Chair, New Hampshire Bar Association Committee on Cooperation With the Courts
- Executive Committee, New Hampshire Estate Planning Council
- Vice President and Trustee, New Hampshire Supreme Court Society
- Past President, Manchester Bar Association
- Past Member, Federal Court Advisory Committee, United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire
- Regional Board Member, New Hampshire Charitable Foundation
Honors & Distinctions
- Cited in The Best Lawyers in America for Litigation – Insurance, 2021
- Recognized by Super Lawyers, Super Lawyer, 2020; Rising Star, 2011-2017
- Recipient of the New Hampshire Bar Foundation’s Robert E. Kirby Award, 2015 (http://www.nhbarfoundation.org/Robert_E_Kirby_Award.php)
- Fellow, New Hampshire Bar Foundation, since 2016
- Leadership New Hampshire, Class of 2018
- Leadership Greater Manchester, Class of 2011