Robert S. Carey
With 20 plus years as a trial lawyer, Bob has successfully represented clients at every level of the New Hampshire court system, in many different kinds of cases. He represents clients in business disputes, criminal investigations, personal injury cases, land use matters, and professional licensing complaints. He finds the best solution for a client’s specific problem.
Defended construction, personal injury and medical malpractice claims. Prosecuted white-collar crimes and homicides as a prosecutor with the New Hampshire Attorney General’s Office.
- Business dispute – Defended local business owner against multi-million dollar trademark lawsuit brought by international company. Jury returned verdict for client.
- Personal Injury – Obtained large settlement for woman who suffered permanent facial disfigurement caused by dental malpractice during root canal procedure.
- Sports Law – Sued high school athletic association to allow female athlete to try out for men’s varsity team. Court ruled for client, who then earned a starting spot on the men’s team.
- Government investigation – Defended national company during criminal investigation into alleged federal emissions violations. Investigation concluded with no charges brought.
- Land Use – Guided landowner through contentious planning and zoning process to obtain approval for commercial business.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Director, Greater Concord Chamber of Commerce
- Former President, Catholic Lawyers Guild
- Member of Committee on Creative Concord, Greater Concord Chamber of Commerce
- Leadership Greater Concord, Class of 2007
- 2006- 2011, Cub Scout Den Leader, Town of Bow
- Member of Diocesan Review Board, Diocese of Manchester
- Lecturer, New Hampshire Police Cadet Training Academy
Honors & Distinctions
- Selected by The Best Lawyers in America as Concord, NH “Lawyer of the Year” for Personal Injury Litigation (defendants) (2022)
- Cited in The Best Lawyers in America for Commercial Litigation, Criminal Defense (general practice and white-collar), Land Use and Zoning Litigation, and Personal Injury Litigation (defendants), since 2020
- Selected by The Best Lawyers in America as Concord, NH “Lawyer of the Year” for Criminal Defense (2021)