Marcia Hennelly Moran
Marcia currently serves Of Counsel at the firm in the Trusts and Estates Department. The majority of her time is spent on trust administration, largely in the charitable grant-making area.
Prior to re-joining Orr & Reno, Marcia served Of Counsel at the estate planning firm of Flood, Sheehan & Tobin, PLLC, for 18 years. A past director at Orr & Reno from 1993-2005, she also practiced at McGuireWoods, LLP, in Charlottesville, Virginia, and at Leonard, Street & Deinard, in Minneapolis, Minnesota in the 1980s.
Marcia is passionate about family, tennis, golf, politics, and volunteer work that fills all her free time.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, New Hampshire Bar Association
- Member, New Hampshire Women’s Bar Association
- Member, New Hampshire Estate Planning Counsel
- Member, Catholic Lawyers Guild
- Appointee, Governor’s Judicial Selection Commission, 2018 – present
- Trustee, Concord Hospital Trust, 2018- present; Chair, Concord Hospital Trust Planned and Major Gift Advisory Committee, 2012-present
- Board of Governors, Sankaty Head Golf Club, Siasconset, MA, 2020-present
- Director, Pine Haven Boys Center Foundation, Allenstown, NH, 2013-present
- President, Siasconset Casino Association, Siasconset, MA, 2016- 2018; director, 2012-2018.
- Appointee, Mayor’s Task Force for a 21st Century Library, Concord, NH, 2008-2010
- Past President, Concord Public Library Foundation, Concord, NH, 2005-2008; Chair of Development Committee, 2002-2005; Board Member, 2001-2012.
- Chair of Board of Advisors, Bishop Brady High School, Concord, NH, 2010-2011; Member 2007-2012; Chair of Planned Giving Committee, 2010-2013; Member of Search Committee for Principal, 2008-2009; Member of Steering Committee for Bishop Brady Capital Campaign; Inductee, Bishop Brady Sports Hall of Fame, 2019
- Coach, Bishop Brady High School Girls Varsity Tennis Team, 2003-2013
- Co-Chair of Class of 1978, College of the Holy Cross, 1995-2009; Class Agent, Holy Cross Alumni Association, 1978-2018; Member of Class Reunion Gift Committee, 2012-2013; Alumni Interviewer for Holy Cross Admissions Office, 1996-present; Member Holy Cross College President’s Council, 1993-2022
- Member, Board of Directors, Friends of St. John’s School Foundation, Concord, NH, 2005-2010
- Graduate, Leadership Greater Concord, Concord, NH Chamber of Commerce, 2004
Honors & Distinctions
- AV Peer Review Rating, Martindale Hubbell
- Cited in The Best Lawyers in America for Trusts and Estates, since 2010