Marcia Hennelly Moran
by Mike DeBlasi | September 5, 2022 10:20 am
Marcia currently serves Of Counsel at the firm in the Trusts and Estates Department. The majority of her time is spent on trust administration, largely in the charitable grant-making area.
Prior to re-joining Orr & Reno, Marcia served Of Counsel at the estate planning firm of Flood, Sheehan & Tobin, PLLC, for 18 years. A past director at Orr & Reno from 1993-2005, she also practiced at McGuireWoods, LLP, in Charlottesville, Virginia, and at Leonard, Street & Deinard, in Minneapolis, Minnesota in the 1980s.
Marcia is passionate about family, tennis, golf, politics, and volunteer work that fills all her free time.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, New Hampshire Bar Association
- Member, New Hampshire Women’s Bar Association
- Member, New Hampshire Estate Planning Counsel
- Member, Catholic Lawyers Guild
- Appointee, Governor’s Judicial Selection Commission, 2018 – present
- Trustee, Concord Hospital Trust, 2018- present; Chair, Concord Hospital Trust Planned and Major Gift Advisory Committee, 2012-present
- Board of Governors, Sankaty Head Golf Club, Siasconset, MA, 2020-present
- Director, Pine Haven Boys Center Foundation, Allenstown, NH, 2013-present
- President, Siasconset Casino Association, Siasconset, MA, 2016- 2018; director, 2012-2018.
- Appointee, Mayor’s Task Force for a 21st Century Library, Concord, NH, 2008-2010
- Past President, Concord Public Library Foundation, Concord, NH, 2005-2008; Chair of Development Committee, 2002-2005; Board Member, 2001-2012.
- Chair of Board of Advisors, Bishop Brady High School, Concord, NH, 2010-2011; Member 2007-2012; Chair of Planned Giving Committee, 2010-2013; Member of Search Committee for Principal, 2008-2009; Member of Steering Committee for Bishop Brady Capital Campaign; Inductee, Bishop Brady Sports Hall of Fame, 2019
- Coach, Bishop Brady High School Girls Varsity Tennis Team, 2003-2013
- Co-Chair of Class of 1978, College of the Holy Cross, 1995-2009; Class Agent, Holy Cross Alumni Association, 1978-2018; Member of Class Reunion Gift Committee, 2012-2013; Alumni Interviewer for Holy Cross Admissions Office, 1996-present; Member Holy Cross College President’s Council, 1993-2022
- Member, Board of Directors, Friends of St. John’s School Foundation, Concord, NH, 2005-2010
- Graduate, Leadership Greater Concord, Concord, NH Chamber of Commerce, 2004
Honors & Distinctions
- AV Peer Review Rating, Martindale Hubbell
- Cited in The Best Lawyers in America for Trusts and Estates, since 2010
Source URL: https://orr-reno.com/our-people/marcia-hennelly-moran/
Copyright ©2023 Orr & Reno unless otherwise noted.