Antony K. Sayess
Tony provides a broad spectrum of practical business and tax law advice to clients. He provides federal income tax planning advice to business entities and their owners, including in structuring transactions and reorganizations in a tax-efficient manner. He has extensive experience representing U.S. subsidiaries of foreign companies and members of consolidated groups, and with cross-border planning issues. He advises on tax consequences of sales of stock, assets, and LLC interests and transfers of shares to family members. He has also assisted clients with issues related to foreign bank account reporting and the IRS offshore voluntary disclosure program, as well as in tax controversies with the IRS.
On the business law side, Tony represents clients with formations of new businesses, conversions of corporations to LLCs, debt financings, buy-sell agreements, business succession issues and buy-outs of minority interests. He represent businesses in transactions and contract law matters, including the drafting, review and negotiation of agreements, corporate governance issues, and mergers and acquisitions.
Tony has traveled to all 50 states and over 30 countries, with a focus on visiting national parks. He is also avid hiker, and nature and wildlife photographer.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Past Chair, Corporation, Banking & Business Section, NH Bar Association, October 2016 – May 2018; Vice Chair 2015-2016
- Past Chair, Tax Section, New Hampshire Bar Association, June 2015-June 2016
- Chair, Tax Section, New Hampshire Bar Association, June 2015-June 2016
- New Hampshire Audubon, Trustee (2011 – Present); Chair (2012-2015)
- The Friends Program Youth Mentoring Program, Youth Mentor, 2010 – 2016
- Friends of the Merrimack River Greenway Trail, Trustee, 2011-2012
- Parks and Recreation Foundation of Vancouver and Clark County,Trustee, 2007-2008
- Clark County (Washington) Food Bank, Trustee, 2006-2007
Honors & Distinctions
- Reasonable Compensation Consideration for Corporations – 12/1/2015
Reasonable Compensation Consideration for Corporations, NH Bar News, December 2015
- Foreign Account Reporting Requirements – 6/1/2015
Foreign Account Reporting Requirements, BusinessNH Magazine, June 2015
- Panelist on Federal Tax and Corporate Issues for NH Small Businesses – 1/1/2014
Panelist on Federal Tax and Corporate Issues for NH Small Businesses
- Panelist on “Closing the Deal”, Washington, D.C. – 6/1/2013
Panelist on “Closing the Deal”, Washington, D.C., June 2013