Tony provides a broad spectrum of practical business and tax law advice to clients. He provides federal income tax planning advice to business entities and their owners, including in structuring transactions and reorganizations in a tax-efficient manner. He has extensive experience representing U.S. subsidiaries of foreign companies and members of consolidated groups, and with cross-border planning issues. He advises on tax consequences of sales of stock, assets, and LLC interests and transfers of shares to family members. He has also assisted clients with issues related to foreign bank account reporting and the IRS offshore voluntary disclosure program, as well as in tax controversies with the IRS as well as New Hampshire state tax issues.
Tony has extensive experience analyzing and advising on Tax Treaties, including Tax Treaties between the United States and Switzerland, Sweden, Ireland, the Netherlands, France, and Turkey, including the impact of Brexit on Treaty benefits, cross border taxation of dividends, interest and royalties, and limitation of benefits issues.
On the business law side, Tony represents clients with formations of new businesses, conversions of corporations to LLC’s (including LLC’s taxed as S-Corporations), debt financings, buy-sell agreements, business succession issues and buy-outs of minority interests. He represents businesses in transactions and contract law matters, including the drafting, review and negotiation of agreements, corporate governance issues, and mergers and acquisitions.
Tony has traveled to all 50 states and 47 countries, with a focus on visiting national parks. He is also an avid hiker, and nature and wildlife photographer.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Past Chair, Corporation, Banking & Business Section, NH Bar Association, October 2016 – May 2018; Vice-Chair 2015-2016
- Past Chair, Tax Section, New Hampshire Bar Association, June 2015-June 2016
- New Hampshire Audubon, Trustee (2011-2017); Chair (2012-2015)
- The Friends Program Youth Mentoring Program, Youth Mentor, 2010 – 2016
- Friends of the Merrimack River Greenway Trail, Trustee, 2011-2012
- Parks and Recreation Foundation of Vancouver and Clark County,Trustee, 2007-2008
- Clark County (Washington) Food Bank, Trustee, 2006-2007
Honors & Distinctions
- U.S. Small Business Administration, NH, Webinar, “Choice of Entity for Start-Ups and Related Issues” – 3/19/2019
- SCORE, Boots for Business, U.S. Small Business Administration, “Introduction to Entrepreneurship Workshop” – 2/13-14/2018
- Reasonable Compensation Consideration for Corporations, NH Bar News – 12/1/2015
- Foreign Account Reporting Requirements, Business NH Magazine – 6/1/2015
- Panelist on Federal Tax and Corporate Issues for NH Small Businesses – 1/1/2014
- Panelist on “Closing the Deal”, Washington, D.C. – 6/1/2013
- Various corporate presentations on Tax Treaties