Laura E. Tobin
Laura is a director and shareholder in the Trusts and Estates Department. She focuses her practice in the areas of estate planning, estate (probate) and trust administration, succession planning for family businesses, gift, estate, and generation-skipping transfer tax planning, guardianships, special needs trusts, and elder law. Laura represents a broad range of clients including individuals planning their personal affairs, beneficiaries of estates and trusts, and individuals and professionals serving as executors, trustees, guardians and agents under powers of attorney. On estate planning matters, she works closely with her clients to understand their concerns and goals. Laura believes in a team approach and frequently works with her client’s financial advisor and accountant to create an estate plan tailored to the client’s unique circumstances. On probate and trust administration matters, Laura, with assistance from a paralegal, works closely with the executor and trustee to ensure that the administration is handled efficiently and that the executor or trustee fulfills their fiduciary duties. In some situations, at the request of her clients, Laura will serve as the executor or trustee.
Before attending law school, Laura worked as an accountant at Coopers & Lybrand and became a CPA. Laura began her legal career at Orr & Reno in 1993, leaving in 2004 to become a founding member of Flood, Sheehan & Tobin, PLLC, a “boutique” estate planning and estate (probate) and trust administration law firm, where she practiced until rejoining Orr & Reno in 2022.
Laura enjoys reading and spending time with her family.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, New Hampshire Bar Association, Trust & Estate Section
- Member, New Hampshire Women’s Bar Association
- Member, New Hampshire Estate Planning Council
- Member, Maine Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Certified Public Accountant (licensed in Maine)
- Treasurer, Hopkinton, New Hampshire Public Library Foundation
- Former Board Member, ‘Tween School ‘n’ Home
- Former Board Member, Women’s Business Center
- Former Board Member, Northeast Resource Recovery Association
- Former Treasurer, Capital Region Food Program
Honors & Distinctions
- AV Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected by The Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of Trusts and Estates, since 2010