Ann Meissner Flood
Ann is a director and shareholder in the Trusts and Estates Department. She focuses her practice in the areas of estate planning, estate (probate) and trust administration, succession planning for family businesses, gift, estate and generation-skipping transfer tax planning, guardianships, special needs trusts, and elder law. Ann represents a broad range of clients including individuals planning their personal affairs, beneficiaries of estates and trusts, and individuals and professionals serving as executors, trustees, guardians, and agents under powers of attorney. On estate planning matters, she works closely with her clients to understand their concerns and goals. Ann believes in a team approach and frequently works with her client’s financial advisor and accountant to create an estate plan tailored to the client’s unique circumstances. On probate and trust administration matters, Ann, with assistance from a paralegal, works closely with the executor and trustee to ensure that the administration is handled efficiently and that the executor or trustee fulfills their fiduciary duties. In some situations, at the request of her clients, Ann will serve as executor and trustee.
Ann has practiced exclusively in the areas of estate planning and estate (probate) and trust administration for more than 30 years. She was a founding member of and practiced with Flood, Sheehan & Tobin, PLLC, a “boutique” estate planning, and estate (probate) and trust administration law firm, from 2004 to 2022. Ann was previously a shareholder and director at Orr & Reno as well as a shareholder at two other major law firms in New Hampshire.
Ann enjoys golf, reading, boating, the beach, and spending time with her husband and three daughters.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, New Hampshire Bar Association, Trust & Estate Section
- Member, New Hampshire Women’s Bar Association
- Member, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, New Hampshire Chapter
- Member, New Hampshire Estate Planning Council
- Member, Maine Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Presenter at numerous New Hampshire Bar Association continuing legal education programs on estate planning and estate (probate) and trust administration topics
- Former Treasurer of the Hopkinton, New Hampshire Library Foundation
- Former Board Member, United Way of Manchester, NH
- Speaker for civic groups on basic estate planning and probate avoidance
Honors & Distinctions
- Fellow, American College of Trusts and Estate Counsel (ACTEC)
- AV Peer Review Rating, Martindale Hubbell
- AV Rating – Judicial Edition, Martindale Hubbell
- Cited in The Best Lawyers in America in the practice areas of Trusts and Estates, and Elder Law, since 2007
- Selected by The Best Lawyers in America as Concord, NH “Lawyer of the Year” in the practice area of Trusts and Estates (2022)
- Selected by The Best Lawyers in America as Concord, NH “Lawyer of the Year” in the practice area of Elder Law (2020)