Our Energy practice consists of a knowledgeable and skilled team of attorneys who have extensive experience assisting clients with a broad range of energy-related needs, including regulatory compliance, environmental issues, and the acquisition, operation and sale of facilities and other interests. We have decades of combined experience representing these interests before various tribunals, including the New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission, the New Hampshire Site Evaluation Committee, the New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services and the New Hampshire courts. The group works closely with other practice groups in the Firm, including Environmental, Land Use, Real Estate and Litigation to ensure that clients receive our full range of expertise.
We regularly assist clients in the development of energy projects and provide comprehensive support in connection with acquiring, financing, siting, permitting, construction and taxation of new energy facilities. We routinely represent energy companies and other parties before the New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission in regulatory proceedings. Our team also helps real estate developers and other commercial and industrial consumers of energy with energy-related issues. Our clients include electric and gas utilities, independent (merchant) generators, competitive electric suppliers, competitive electric and gas aggregators, commercial, industrial and residential customers, and owners and developers of energy projects, including commercial wind energy, hydroelectric and solar facilities, and interstate natural gas pipelines.
Obtained certificates from the New Hampshire Site Evaluation Committee for New Hampshire’s three commercial scale wind energy facilities.
Routinely represent energy companies and other parties before the New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission in a variety of regulatory proceedings including:
- Rate cases and related proceedings
- Periodic Rate adjustment proceedings
- Special contracts
- Proceedings relating to deregulation, and competitive generation and supply issues
- Transmission issues
- Merger and Acquisition approvals
- Energy efficiency
- Rulemaking proceedings
- Franchise expansion
- Financing approvals
- Utility mergers and acquisitions
- Due diligence for parties interested in purchasing or financing utility development
- Power purchase agreements
- Interconnection agreements
- Contract negotiation and restructuring
- Generation facility transactions including property sale, acquisition and financing
- Independent Power Producers
- Natural Gas
- Renewable energy developers (hydro-electric, wind and solar)