Robin L.H. Vermette
OverviewSenior Immigration Paralegal
Robin works on a variety of immigration matters. Her focus is to guide employers and foreign nationals through the complex immigrant and non-immigrant process. Robin’s experience includes working with health care clients to prepare and strategize on employment-based visas and “green card” applications for medical professionals and therapists – doctors, nurses, speech language pathologists, physical and occupational therapists; addressing and troubleshooting issues relating to the ability of a foreign national to live and work legally in the United States, and establishing case strategy to meet that goal; providing guidance on naturalization and family-based cases, consular visa processing, and I-9 issues. Robin actively participates in seminars and workshops on immigration issues.
Special Assistant and Immigration Specialist, former U.S. Senator Warren Rudman (1980-1992)
Robin’s personal goal is to continually feed her curiosity in art, literature, music, nature and travel with friends and family.
“I am committed to providing personal attention to each client and to being responsive in a timely manner.”
Professional and Community Envolvment
NAFSA: Association of International Educators since 1993
Frequent speaker on immigration topics at colleges and universities in New England and to human resource and health care associations such as:
- Visa Seminars for Foreign Students offered at University of New Hampshire, Southern New Hampshire University and other colleges: “Life After OPT – Work Visas and the Green Card”
- NAFSA Region XI Regional Conference, 10/23/2013, Stowe, VT, Chair: “Form I-9: Responsibility, Compliance & Audits”
- NAFSA Region XI Spring Immigration Workshop, 3/19/2012, Babson College, Co-Chair, “OMG, You Did What?”
- NAFSA Region XI Spring Immigration Workshop, 3/07/2011, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Co-Chair, “H-1B Hot Topics”
- NH/VT Association of Medical Staff Services, 4/16/2010, Speaker, “Immigration Overview – Hiring Foreign Physicians”
- Volunteer/Member, Capitol Center for the Arts
- Volunteer/Committee Member, Concord Hospital Office of Philanthropy, 2005-2014