James E. Morris
Jim’s expertise covers the breadth of legal matters related to real estate transactions, both commercial and residential, including title examination and title insurance, purchase and sale agreements, acquisition, leasing, zoning and land use—including government permitting, development, eminent domain, easements (including conservation easements), and mortgage finance. Jim also advises clients on tax issues, including property taxation, tax abatement, tax exemption, and current use taxation.
- Law Clerk, Justice Laurence I. Duncan of the New Hampshire Supreme Court
- Assistant Attorney General, State of New Hampshire
- Chief Counsel, New Hampshire Department of Transportation
- Associate General Counsel, Allianz Insurance Company in Los Angeles, California.
Jim loves collecting and restoring classic cars.
Professional and Community Involvement
Board of Directors, New Hampshire Humanities Council
Honors & Distinctions
- Cited in The Best Lawyers in America for Litigation and Real Estate Law, since 2005
- Selected by The Best Lawyers in America as Concord NH “Lawyer of the Year” for Real Estate Litigation, 2014
- AV Peer Review Rated – Martindale Hubbell
- New Hampshire Section of Fifty-State Survey The Law of Eminent Domain – New Hampshire Bar Association (2012)
- Brownfields in Action, Loosening the Liability Laws – Business NH Magazine, February, 1998